Here are some advices on how to use technology for saving time:
- In order to access your computer needs, make sure that you have a computer or a laptop at home! However, just having a computer is not enough, you need to install software's/programs of your requirement and needs. For example, you may install software's for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, personal information management, accounting and virus protection.
- Many people end up storing a lot of clutter inside the computer. Hence, it is necessary that you prepare a certain type of filling system in your PC- giving specific names and titles to every folder (so that you are able to identify your work instantly). Constantly review the files and folders-retain what you need and remove the ones that are no longer required.
- Utilize your telephone services to the maximum. Try installing a Caller ID (for screening the calls) and a headset if you need to use your computer while talking. You can also avail of the other phone services like voice mailbox for routing calls to another phone.
- You can even consider the installation of cable modem, ISDN line or DSL connections for your phone, fax and computer- they are quite faster and cheaper as compared to the traditional modems.
- While present at the office, you may make use of video calls for talking to the employees. Most of the time, it is quite cumbersome to gather everyone at the same place for holding a meeting/conference/seminar etc but with video calls you can talk to anyone present at any location. Online service like Skype, which is free and available in 28 languages, allows you to connect visually with anyone in the world. So, you can make the most use of it!
- Heard about Webinar technology? This technology gives you a chance to have one-way communication from an individual person to the audience. It saves both time and money-just like video calling!